Updating site content type failed infopath

:-) Thanks for the tip Robbie, so it is a flaw in the product with publishing content types? Who exactly does testing for this stuff at Microsoft?Now if I go about administrator approved forms, that means I'll have to redeploy every form I have to each and every subsite I have? One other thing, is it possible to modify a site template through say, Sharepoint Designer?https://technet.microsoft.com/en-in/library/cc262921(v=office.14)Sharepoint is doing a browser detection using the X-UA-Compatible meta tag set to IE 8 which forces the page to be loaded in IE 8 mode on IE 11 browser. As add Event Listener method (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff975245(v=vs.85).aspx) is supported only in IE 9 and above (prior to IE 9, attach Event was used instead – https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/ms536343(v=vs.85).aspx), the above error is thrown when the page is loaded in IE 8 mode as IE 8 does not support this add Event Listener method.

I have a bunch of forms that I've made in Infopath 2007 that I'm using as Site Content Types. However when I tried to make a change to one of the forms and then update the content type, I get the Updating Site Content Type Failed error.

The workaround is to add the Sharepoint site in IE compatibility view.

You will get the below error message while using event handlers and code behind Info Path form.

When there are more data connections and lot of customization done on the form, then it takes lot of time for the SOAP message to be parsed.

On Click(Doc Action Event p Event) "The SOAP message cannot be parsed." This error message generally occurs while publishing the Info Path form to the Share Point server.

Search for updating site content type failed infopath:

updating site content type failed infopath-89updating site content type failed infopath-51updating site content type failed infopath-55updating site content type failed infopath-58

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

One thought on “updating site content type failed infopath”